Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Avocado Egg Salad

I've not been a big fan of avocado (or tomatoes) and will never eat it as is like some of my friends would. A couple months ago I fell in love with a sandwich combination at my previous work place. I forgot how I came across the combination of avocado in my chicken salad sandwich (with either croissant or baguette, extra mayo, bacon, provolone cheese and lettuce..and toasted!); perhaps it was one of the specials they had one day... or.. I saw someone ordering that combination. Since the first time I had it, it had been my go to option for sandwiches and it's the only way I'll eat avocados!

For the reason of being not a big fan of avocados, I don't buy them. However, I found one in my fridge the other day; leftover from when the husband's family was visiting. I think my SIL got some to feed her kids. I used a bit of it as a condiment for my pork burger and it was surely a delicious combination! I guess from now on, I will eat more avocados..... only if they were snuck into my sandwiches/burgers.

With almost one avocado left (since I only used a small slice for my burger), I decided to make some healthy(?) salad out of one of the half I cut into. I kept the other half for another use, another day. Combining a hard boiled egg and some artificial crab meat with the avocado, this is my attempt to eat a little healthy! Just to make things a little easier, I doubled my original recipe! Here's the recipe.


AVOCADO EGG SALAD RECIPE
*Serves 2

Ingredients
  • 1 Ripe Avocado, Cut into Cubes (Refer HERE)
  • 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, Peeled and Chopped
  • 3-4 Oz Artificial Crab Meat (Chunk Style), Chopped
  • 4 Tsp Ranch Dressing
  • 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
  • 1 Basil Leaf, Julienned 
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Ground Black Pepper (To Taste)
Method
In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except basil, salt and black pepper. When all the ingredients are mixed well, toss in basil leaf, pinch of salt and ground pepper. Refrigerate before serving or serve immediately!

Enjoy!

June's Notes: Save the shell of the avocado, and you can use it as a serving "bowl".

Simply June 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails