Thursday, March 11, 2010

Asian Bean Curd Garlic Ribs

This dish is inspired by a friend who made it back in college. That was creeping close to 10 years ago now!! Yikes! I forgot how she made it, and what she used in this dish. All I remember was the 3 main ingredients; ribs, fermented bean curd and garlic.

I made this dish a few nights ago ( it wasn’t the first time I made it according to how I like it) but this time I took the effort to jot down my version of the yummy bean curd garlic ribs. My friend probably added much much more garlic than I did. Since, I usually make more for the husband to bring to work the next day I did not want the husband to have a garlicky breath when he confronts his colleagues or stink up the cafeteria when he’s reheating his food. =)

Anyway, here’s my version of the beancurd ribs…..feel free to add a few more cloves of garlic! =)

BeanCurdRibs

ASIAN BEAN CURD RIBS RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 1 Lb Pork Spare Ribs *
  • 5-6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 2 Pieces Red Fermented Bean Curd
  • 2 Tbsp Liquid  reserved from Bean Curd
  • 2 Tbsp ShaoXing Rice Cooking Wine
  • 1 Cup water
  • 2 Tbsp Oil
  • 1 Stalk Green Onions, Chopped (Optional)

*Have your butcher cut up the ribs into smaller bite size pieces.

Method:

Mash the fermented bean curd in a bowl and coat the ribs and let them marinate for about 30 minutes to an hour. In a pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add garlic and sauté until garlic is fragrant and slightly brown on the edges but not burnt. Add ribs, turn heat to high and stir fry ribs to sear the outside for about 3-4 minutes. Then, add wine, water and reserved liquid from the bean curd. Lower heat to medium low, and let ribs cook for 30 minutes to an hour until tender, adding a little more water if necessary. Transfer onto serving platter and garnish with green onions. Serve this with steam rice. This should serve 2-3 people.

Signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails