Monday, February 22, 2010

Dinner for 2 for <$25

………And that includes a bottle of yummy Pinot Grigio! Eating at home is always a great way to save money. Plus you know what you put into your food, you know that it’s going to be fresh (and clean) and yes PRETTY DARN GOOD!

Dinner1

Last weekend, I decided to make hubby and I a simple yet satisfying seafood dinner…all under $25.  Heck it might be under $20 coz I forgot how much we paid for the bottle of wine. Definitely no more than $10. Basically, I worked with whatever I had in my pantry and freezer.

The menu was Doenjang (Korean Bean Paste) Glazed Chilean Sea Bass & Tiger Prawns over Wilted Spinach! Everything was YUM-O! Fish and prawns which was a little on the sweet side paired so well with the tangy wilted salad!  Perhaps I could do a little better with the food presentation. The best satisfaction was eating my favorite fish; Chilean Sea Bass which usually cost $20 and up per entree.

Dinner2

Here’s the rough breakdown and my best guestimate!

  • 2 Chilean Sea Bass Fillet @ $5.00
  • 4 Jumbo Tiger Prawns @ $3.00
  • 1 Bunch Watercress @ $1.50
  • 4 Strips Bacon @$0.50
  • 1 Onion @ $0.20
  • Miscellaneous paste, sauce, spices @ $2.50
  • 1 Bottle of Pinot Grigio @ $10.00

TOTAL = $22.70

I even brought out some accessories to enhance the place setting! Chargers, napkins and even napkin holders!

Dinner

What are you waiting for? Go get some groceries and start cooking a luxurious or simple meal for you and your loved one! This is luxury on a budget! =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails