Monday, January 18, 2010

Easy Raspberry Trifle (For One)

I’m not a big fan or eating fresh raspberries. I often only buy it for dessert purposes. I have some fresh raspberries staring right back at me in my fridge and was thinking of a quick, easy dessert to make with it. I did not want to let those berries go bad and throw them out. They were not cheap! Those babies cost me $3.50 for a small little container (6oz)!

Working with what I have, I decided to built a raspberry trifle! I have cake, I have cream, I have berries! Perfect! Here’s the recipe. I like the refreshing punch from the mint leaves and lime juice in the raspberry sauce. I composed the trifle in a martini glass coz I think desserts look pretty in it! =)

RaspberryTrifle2

EASY RASPBERRY TRIFLE (FOR ONE) RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 1 Standard Vanilla Cupcake, Cubed (About 1 Cup) *
  • 2-3 Oz Raspberries
  • 2 Tbsp Sugar
  • 2 –1/2 Tsp Lime Juice
  • 2 Mint Leaves, Plus more for decoration
  • 2/3 Cup Cool Whip (or a little less)
  • 1 Martini Glass

*  Pound cake would work too.

Method:

Thinly sliced mint leaves and add them into a bowl. Add all but one (reserve for decoration) raspberry, sugar and lime juice into the bowl with the mint leaves. Mash the raspberries with the back of your fork.

Scoop about 1 tbsp of cool whip and place it in the martini glass. Add about 1 tsp of raspberry mixture. Layer with a little less than 1/2 cup of the cake. Pour about 3 tsp of the raspberry mixture onto the cake. Make sure each piece of cake gets some raspberry mixture. Spread about 1/2 of the remaining cool whip evenly on top of the cake and raspberry mixture. Repeat with layer once with remaining ingredients. Top of with the reserved raspberry and some mint leaves as decoration. Serve immediately. This would serve one or two. =)

RaspberryTrifle1RaspberryTrifle

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails