Friday, October 23, 2009

Chicken Teriyaki

Hubby and I love Chicken Teriyaki especially the ones from Sarku Japan. I have tried to recreate it previously and it turned out good, not great! It was a little too oily and dark.

This time, I was bought boneless and skinless chicken thighs and was careful with the amount of soy sauce I added. I thought the color were quite close this time. Flavors were good too. It helps that this time, the dish weren’t as oily as the last time I cooked Teriyaki Chicken.  Hubby thought it was good, but not quite similar to Sarku Japan’s Teriyaki Chicken. Maybe next time, I’ll buy me a portion of Sarku’s Teriyaki Chicken, bring it home and try to figure out how to get it exactly the same. That’s if I do not finish the chicken first! I wonder if it was because my teriyaki chicken had a bit more gravy?

Anyway, here’s my version of Chicken Teriyaki which I opted to have a little more gravy to drench my rice in. =) Just omit the water if you prefer a drier version .

IMG_0837

CHICKEN TERIYAKI RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 1 Lb Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs
  • 1 Tbsp + 2 Tsp Light Soy Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Honey
  • 1/2 Tsp Sesame Oil
  • Dash of White Pepper
  • 1-1/2 Tbsp Corn Flour
  • 1 Tsp Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Oil
  • 1 Tbsp Garlic, Minced
  • 1/4 Tsp Sesame Seeds (Optional)
  • 1/4 Cup Water (Optional)

Method:

Cut chicken thighs into strips of about 2” x 3/4” and put them in a bowl. Add 1 Tbsp of soy sauce, dark soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, white pepper and corn flour to the chicken. Marinate chicken for about 30 minutes to an hour.

Heat oil in work over medium high heat. Add garlic and stir fry till garlic turns slightly brown. Add chicken and stir fry chicken for about 5-10 minutes. Add sugar, remaining soy sauce and continue cooking for about 5 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked and slightly charred. Add sesame seeds if desired.

At this point you could scoop it up and serve with some white rice. If you prefer your chicken to have a little more gravy, add water and let sauce thicken before transferring it onto a plate. Serve warm!

1 comment:

GeekGallery said...

I came across your post while looking for a Teriyaki Chicken recipe and thought you may like this other post that I read that had some good insight.

Click Here

You need to scroll down a few entries but one post is written by a former employee that has some good tips (at least I think they are good). I just finished my marinade and will be cooking it tomorrow. Anyway, hope it helps you out.

Sincerely,
Anonymous Poster

Related Posts with Thumbnails