Friday, October 30, 2009

Chicken Salad Sandwich

I had some yummy Chicken Salad Sandwich at Finale Desserts and was inspired to make one for hubby’s lunch the next day! Since I have a whole Rotisserie Chicken, grapes and celery…. it was just perfect timing! I’ve had celery in my chicken salad before, but not grapes. The addition of the grapes were just brilliant!! I simply love the combination of flavors and texture. Sweet, salty, crunchy and soft? =)

My version here is almost like Finale’s… minus the onions and pecans. I don’t like nuts in my salad! You could serve the chicken salad in between 2 slices of bread or perhaps over some shredded lettuce! =)

ChickenSaladSandwich1

CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup Chopped Rotisserie/Roasted Chicken Breast
  • 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
  • 1/2 Cup Quartered (Red) Seedless Grapes
  • 2 (Heapful) Tablespoon Mayonnaise
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper
  • Salt
  • 4 Slices of Bread
  • 2 Pieces of Lettuce (*Optional)

Method:

Add the first 4 ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Season with black pepper and salt. Place a piece of lettuce on one side of the bread and pile half of the salad mixture on it. Cover with the other piece of bread. This should give you 2 sandwiches! =)

ChickenSaladSandwich

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails