Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bee Koh Moy (Black Glutinous Rice Porridge)

IMG_0881Bee Koh Moy (Black Glutinous Rice Porridge or Bubur Pulut Hitam in the Malay Language) is hands down my #1 favorite Chinese dessert/tong sui! Bee Koh Moy is a thick, creamy, nutty dessert made with the simplest ingredients; Sweet Black Glutinous Rice, Water and Sugar. Just before serving, you can opt to add a splash of creamy coconut milk and you’ll have a yummy treat!

I’ve always wanted to share the recipe for this easy yet yummy dessert. However, it always took me a very long time to cook it and lots of water to boil the rice until it’s soft! I always lost count of the amount of water I’ve added and the amount of time I spent cooking it! I guess it might be the type of Sweet Black Rice I used or something!

I made some of my favorite Bee Koh Moy the other day. This time, I added some red beans to cook along the black rice and tapioca pearls towards the end of the cooking. It was delicious nevertheless. I will definitely repeat this recipe in the future. Hopefully, I’ll be able to remember the amount of water and cooking time need to make this yummy treat! Perhaps, I should also start with buying a new bag of black glutinous rice? =)

IMG_0888

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails