Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stuffed French Toast

I love having French Toast for breakfast; heck I love French Toast so much….I wouldn’t mind having it for lunch or dinner! =) Usually I would just go for regular French Toast without any filling and all. This time, I decided to “stuff” it with some Strawberry Jam (I Love Smucker’s Low Sugar Strawberry Preserve). This sweet version of the stuffed French Toast turned out great. I’m now thinking to try out a savory version..maybe with some cream cheese and smoked salmon? =)

StuffedFrenchToast1

STUFFED FRENCH TOAST RECIPE

Ingredients:

  • 4 Pcs (Thick Cut) Bread
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
  • 2 Tbsp Milk
  • 1 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
  • Dash Of Cinnamon (**Optional)
  • Jam / Spread of Your Choice
  • 1 Tbsp Butter
  • Powdered Sugar (**Optional)

Method:

Spread your choice of Jam / Filling on on side of the bread. May I suggest strawberry jam or chocolate hazelnut spread; Nutella? Then sandwich 2 pieces of bread together; jam/spread side in.

In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined. Heat pan /griddle and melt butter. Quickly dip both sides of a sandwich in the egg mixture (make sure all surfaces are coated, but be careful not to over coat /over soak it) and carefully transfer onto the pan. Cook until both sides are browned. Cut them into halves, diagonally and dust some powdered sugar before serving. StuffedFrenchToastBefore you devour it, you could drizzle some maple syrup over the French Toast. I ate mine as is; the sweetness was perfect for me. =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails