Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ristorante Saraceno @ Boston, MA

A couple weeks back after our Sail Boston/Tall Ships event, we walked our hungry selves to North End for some yummy Italian food. North End Boston is Boston’s own Little Italy with streets filled with various Italian restaurants and cafes. If you want authentic Italian food, this is where you should be going!

Saraceno Saraceno1

We settled for a quaint looking restaurant; Ristorante Saraceno on Hanover Street. Apart from feeling a little cozy, the food and the service was overall awesome. Prices was quite reasonable for their decent portion.

Here’s what we ordered and no sharing coz everyone was starving!! :

1) Petti di pollo al Marsala (Chicken breasts sauteed in Marsala wine) @ $13.95. This was what I ordered and it was good! Chicken breast was thinly sliced and pan fried to perfection. The sauce were loaded with sliced mushrooms and ham. This was my first time seeing ham in my Chicken Marsala. I do however appreciate that the waitress asked me if I was ok that there was ham in my dish. I think it would have been better if they were to use Italian cured hams. I would prefer to have some mashed potatoes or pasta with my chicken instead of the potatoes. Nevertheless it’s tummy and it filled me up!                             Saraceno2 2) Spaghetti alla Vongole (Spaghetti with white or red clam sauce)  @ $14.50. Hubby per my suggestion ordered this with white sauce (perhaps garlic butter sauce with a splash of wine). Yummy yummy in my tummy. The pasta was loaded with lots of fresh clams! I think there were surely more clams than pasta! =)Saraceno33)  Melanzane alla Parmigiana (Eggplant parmigiana) @ $12.50. Seyda ordered this and I would have to assume it’s good coz she finished it. =) It was swimming in tons of tomato sauce which turns me off a little.Saraceno4 4) Lasagne al forno della Casa (Homemade lasagne) @ $13.50. Bobby ordered this and I would think it should be good! After all, it’s lasagna…I don’t think Italian restaurants could screw this up! =) And just like the Eggplant Parmigiana, it was swimming in quite a bit of tomato sauce.Saraceno5

5) Saltinbocca alla Romana (Veal scaloppine with prosciutto & fine herbs on a wine sauce) @ $16.95. Chris ordered this. As good as it sounds and look, this is one dish I’ll never try. I’ll never consume Veal.Saraceno6 Our lunch cost us $25 per person (that includes tips and a bottle of house Chianti). It was overall a good experience at Ristorante Saraceno. As much as I would like to go back for it’s good food and service, I think there’re many more Italian places in the North End area that’s worth a try!

PS: They may want to change out those 9 year old “Millenium Plates” they were using to serve us our entree. =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails