Saturday, July 18, 2009

Homemade Indian Dinner

I got a little ambitious on Friday night’s dinner and ended up with a mini Indian meal for hubby and I. Yours truly was only planning to roast some Tandoori chicken, fry up some eggs and cook plain rice. I ended up making Vegetable Biryani which sadly turned up a tad too wet. Not only that, I also ended up making Chicken Makhani (Indian Butter Chicken) and toasted some store bought naan! =)

Mind you, that everything except the naan was made from almost scratch! I did not use any instant paste in my Indian dinner! I have to confess that I did use those box pre-mixed spices, but that was the extend of help I used. I still needed to do the prep work, blending, cutting, eyeballing, tasting, adjusting,…etc

Overall verdict, everything was yummy except for my too-much-water-biryani-rice. Tandoori chicken which I left to marinate for 2 days in the fridge…. was SO GOOD!! Perhaps my Chicken Makhani could use less grinded almond next time…the gravy was slightly thick. =)

Dinner3

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails