Monday, April 27, 2009

Lets Get Grillin’!

The weather was so cooperative and totally summery over the weekend. It was just so sunny, so warm and so comforting to be able to leave the house without bundling up like an Eskimo!BBQ-7Hubby and I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to get our faithful Weber Grill fired up and invited a couple friends over for some surf and turf grilling! We got our little “backyard” set up for the little party, lounged, soaked in the nice warm weather while sipping ice cold beer, eating grilled food and enjoying each other’s company!  Yours truly forgot to take pictures of some of the grilled food served last night as I was busy going in and out of the house to get everyone more beer, etc.

Here are pictures of some of the food I managed to capture before they end up in 7 hungry tummies! Potato Egg Salad (recipe to follow!) and Fruit Salad; Strawberries, mandarin Oranges, Pineapples, and Peach.

 BBQBBQ-1

Steak, marinated with fresh black pepper, salt and truffle oil. I’m so loving truffle oil!! We also had grilled large tiger prawns, marinated in Tandoori Masala spice….YUMS!

BBQ-5BBQ-2 

Some vegetables cooked in foil packets…. Mushrooms, Asparagus and Assorted Peppers (no pics).

BBQ-6BBQ-4

We also had Lemon Butter Pollock also cooked in foil packet. There were other food that made it into our tummies before I managed to snap pictures of them. There were also grilled teriyaki wings, grilled tandoori wings as well as salmon in foil packet, marinated with truffle oil. Oh yeah, not forgetting the Kielbasa Sausage, a definite must at BBQs, at least my BBQ!!! It sounded like there were plenty of food, but we managed to gobble down everything….no leftovers! I wished I marinated more chicken wings!!BBQ-3As for dessert, it was Cake Truffles..this time with Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate (I love!) Cake Filling as well as Tiramisu! =) I coated the Cake Truffles with Semi Sweet Chocolate and topped them with different decorations. I thought the sesame seeds were a delicious combination though! Upon tasting my tiramisu, Seyda immediately asked if I had lots of liquor in it….the answer was YES! =)

 Kissables-4 Tiramisu-4

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails