I decided to share with you the easy steps to assembling your own Strawberry Shortcake. I wasn’t happy with the picture I took of this yummy dessert last week as I actually forgot to take a picture of it before digging into the desert. Therefore, I made more Strawberry Shortcake and took the chance to photograph every step of it from start to finish the next day!
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE
Ingredients (Serves ONE):
- A slice of Angel Cake /Angel Food Cake or a dessert cup (as shown in this posting). The dessert cups come in a pack of 6, can be found at the bakery sections in your local grocer and goes for $1-2 per packet.
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp granulated sugar (adjust amount of sugar to your preference)
- 1/2 tbsp of water (optional)
- Fresh whipped cream or Cool Whip
Mix sugar and strawberries well and let it macerate in the fridge for about 2 hours. Amount of sugar to add depends on your personal preference and the sweetness of your strawberries. When ready to serve, place a slice of angel cake or dessert cup on a plate.
Add some water to your macerated strawberries if you did not see much liquid in the mixture. Pile all the strawberries including the juices onto your cake/cup.
Top it off with a generous dollop of fresh whipped cream or Cool Whip. It’s best to only assemble this dessert prior to serving! =)