Sunday, February 22, 2009

One (Almost) Perfect Brunch!

BrunchI invited Seyda over for brunch with husband and I on Saturday and made a variety of food to serve. I would say it was ALMOST perfect….. unfortunately I did not have Champagne to make it a Champagne Brunch, that would just be oh-so-fabulous and “Ritzy”??!

Here’s my brunch spread, served with freshly brewed coffee and orange juice. I browned some store bought frozen Maple Turkey Links and Hash Brown Patties. I also made some Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes from scratch! And the highlight for brunch was Salmon Eggs Benedict, also made from scratch! Brunch-1Here’s a close up of my Whole Wheat Pancakes with homemade Strawberry Sauce! Seyda loved the taste of the wheat in this moist pancake! The recipe is a keeper and I will definitely share this recipe soon!Brunch-2And my Salmon Eggs Benedict, a refreshing twist from the regular Egg Benedict that usually contain bacon or ham! The recipe was from a Williams-Sonoma Brunch Cookbook! The method described to make the Hollandaise in the Williams-Sonoma book looked kinda of confusing, so I ended up using Tyler Florence’s recipe to make the sauce. Even with this simpler steps, my first batch of Hollandaise sauce was a failure…..the heat was too high, and I ended up “scrambling” the egg mixture. It took a combined effort between Seyda and I to perfect the Hollandaise sauce! Brunch-4Well, won’t you agree that if only I have a bottle of bubbly Champagne…the morning brunch would have been perfect……. to kick off the rest of my Saturday! Seyda and I are determined to repeat another brunch affair, this time we’ll be sure to have some bubbly ready to serve it as is, or to make some Mimosas or Bellinis!..Yum..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails