Saturday, February 7, 2009

Kicking Off Another Weekend..

This was the start of yet another weekend filled with different agendas.... I kicked off the weekend with Friday night dinner at our house, inviting the Smiths and Chris over for some 5 course meal dinner? =) . I love having company over and cooking for them as long as they willingly eat whatever I make. =P.

I made my version of white Sangria with a little blush for color! It turned out better than I expected as I was using whatever resources I have in my pantry; cheap bottle of white wine, canned apricot, various citrus, and the margarita mix for color /taste! Seyda seemed to enjoy it and unfortunately, I doubt I can repeat the recipe twice! The margarita mix might be a limited edition/flavor from Sonoma Williams....
We started dinner with a bowl of Creamy Celery Soup with french loaf to dip with. It's pretty easy to make creamy soup; the basic ingredients for my soup are potatoes, onions, garlic, heavy cream, seasoning, parsley and broth. For tonight's soup, I added half a bunch of celery (or whatever your choice of vegetable is) to it before cooking it down and blending it till smooth.
Two appertizers for our mini feast; Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites.......................
and Kielbasa Cucumber Puffs. I love eating Kielbasa (Polish Sausage) and usually get the Hillshire Farm brand Polska Kielbasa. I usually pan fry them for breakfast and serve them with eggs or cook them over BBQ....mmm.......
As for the entree, a huge pan of vegetarian lasagna with eggplant, spinach and mushroom filling. Always make extra lasagna as this is very easy to freeze, store and reheat! =)
And the simplest dessert yet very elegant dessert to make........... Strawberry Shortcake!!! Trust me, this is just so simple to make.......You would need a Dessert Cup or a slice of Angelfood Cake, fresh strawberries sliced and macerated in sugar ( you could blend 1/3 in a food processor), fresh whipped cream! Place your cake on a plate/bowl, add a scoopful of macerated strawberries to it and top it up with a dollop of whipped cream!! If you want to go the extra mile, add a mint leaf for additional style! So elegant, so heavenly!!! Your guests will be impressed and will be fooled into thinking that you put so much effort in making this dessert! =)
So, entertaining a few close friends over dinner, movie and Wii was my Friday's agenda. I will be building my biceps and triceps on Saturday to help Chris move into his new loft not too far from our place.....Woohoo! A new hang out place to go!!!.......And Sunday will be skiing/snowboarding with the Smiths!! Weather seems to be very nice over the weekend, so I'm sure I'll ahve tons of fun moving and skiing!

4 comments:

Mrs. Green said...

i heart vegetarian lasagna. YUM!!!

Simply June said...

See.. I can make healthy food too.....just don't ask me about the cheeses =P...... I love eggplant lasagnas........mmm....

Anonymous said...

ooh chris moved to MA huh :D hahahaa definitely lots more fun now ^^ ur dishes ... very colorful ... keep the photos and make your own cook book :D

Simply June said...

CP: Yea..he rented a luxury loft in Lowell...... make my own cook book eh... u wanna be my publisher? =P

Related Posts with Thumbnails