Thursday, February 5, 2009

Beware! Oily Goodness

My friend Ayu of Healthy Yums will probably cringe when she sees this post about my pot of oily chicken curry..............Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... Haha! Made a huge pot of Malaysian Chicken Curry last night along with my sambal achovies, eggs, fresh cucumber and coconut rice........Yes, it's...ummm...another meal of Nasi Lemak!! I made extra so tonight we can enjoy it with either roti canai or roti jala!! And freeze whatever's left for lazy days!
Malaysian Curry Chicken is one curry I have not done very well (and have not put in effot to do any googling on it), without the help of instant curry paste where all I need to add are coconut milk and chicken!! For this pot of Chicken Curry, I used the A1 brand Curry Paste for meat....... Quick, no fuss and it's still yummy good! I got this packet from Malaysia, so I'm not sure if you can get it through Asian online merchants in the US! However, if you do see one in the stores, pick one up!
To "wash off" my oily unhealthy dinner, I made some fruit smootie using frozen pineapple, strawberries and orange juice. Ayu, are you proud of my healthy fruity glass of frozen goodness????

1 comment:

Mrs. Green said...

as long as it was pure fruit juice...i'm very proud of you!!!

:o)

er...i still have this strong urge to refrigerate your curry just so i can have the satisfaction of peeling off the layer of oil...

i'm so glad you didn't make roti jala...i kinda need all my saliva. :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails